Title I is the federal education law that provides funding to elementary and secondary schools for programs and services to help economically disadvantaged students to succeed.
The purpose of Title I is to ensure that all students have an equal opportunity to reach State learning standards. Title I is intended to help close the gap in academic achievement between students in different ethnic and income groups.
Programs funded by Title 1 include:
- School Based Programs
- Parenting Centers & Programs
- Early Childhood and Pre-Kindergarten
- Homeless Services, Project HOPE
- Charter School Services
- Private School Supplement Services
- Migrant Services
- Neglected and Delinquent Services